Monday, September 6, 2010

A Taste of Fall....while Summer is Still Here!


What a beautiful Summer we have had in Maine.....one of the best I can recall! It was topped off this week by some apple picking! My boys and I were checking on our 2nd home a couple of towns over and on our way home we passed by our very favorite apple orchard, Doles Orchard. When we were listing what we would miss most about not living in Waterboro anymore the 2nd thing on our list was the fact that we would miss Doles Orchard terribly (the number one thing was missing the Arsenault family). I saw the sign....."Now picking: Apples".....I couldn't drive in the driveway fast enough.....I looked in my rear view mirror and both Jacob and Max's faces lit right up! "Are we picking apples, Mom" Jacob screamed!!! "You bet we are." I replied! They were so excited! The early macs weren't available, but it didn't stop us! We picked 2 pecks of apples in record time!!!! We had a great time at the orchard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment